Whole House Dehumidifiers
An Aprilaire Whole-Home Dehumidifier Can Help
Daily activities, such as cooking, cleaning and showering can add as much as 25 pounds of moisture to your home - every day.Your air conditioner is designed to control temperature, not humidity. You need humidity control to maintain comfortable, healthy conditions in your home.
The Aprilaire Whole-Home Dehumidifier is installed as part of your home's heating and cooling system. It works in conjunction with your air conditioner, or independently as needed, to remove the ideal amount of moisture to solve the above problems. But not so much that your home becomes too dry.This is done throughout your entire home, using a single, out-of-the-way source - unlike portables.
Other advantages of Aprilaire Dehumidifiers include:
- Automatic humidity sensing: allows for better whole-home monitoring and control of humidity
- Convenient, quiet operation: away from your living space
- Low maintenance: simple annual filter cleaning
- Fresh air ventilation: automatically removes or dilutes polluted air
- A phrase that rings true in almost every home. When it's muggy outside, it's muggy inside. And excess humidity can make you miserable.
You can literally see, feel and smell it:
- Indoor condensation appears on windows, mirrors and cold drinks
- Your house becomes a breeding ground for insects
- Wood floors, trim and wood furniture warp or rot
- You experience uncomfortable sweating at normal indoor temperatures
- Skin feels sticky in summer/clammy in winter
- Rooms smell musty
- High Humidity Can Cause Health Problems
Left unchecked, excess moisture can cause:
- Mold and mildew to grow
- Dust mites to thrive